OK, the on-line registration has been completed - now what?
Now all the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) paperwork must be compiled. Technically many of these forms are to be completed prior to research even starting. This means the projects registered should already have the forms completed and it is just a matter of compiling and sending in.
- ALL Projects MUST complete ALL paperwork - junior high & senior high projects
- Paperwork is to be submitted by PROJECT!
- When papers come in by student it takes a lot of staff hours to match teammates!
- All paperwork for each project should be attached somehow - preference is one staple
- if you paperclip we remove clips before sending to SRC and staple - this eats up staff time
- your papers will do a lot of moving from the time they arrive to the time they reach the SRC review - if you don't want a form lost in the process USE STAPLES!
- The only exception would be those who are submitting multiple year's paperwork for continuation purposes and may be too large to staple. In this case use a sturdy binder clip!
- Please include the Registration # (this is a PROJECT NUMBER not a student number) at the top of the form – this number is given to EACH PROJECT at the end of your on-line submission and in the confirmation e-mail!
- Be sure all the required signatures are complete and dated
- This is NOT a Research Paper!!
- This is a Research PLAN - be sure to follow the exact guidelines and requirements as stated on the Research Plan. The research plan guidelines are found in the same adobe pdf file as Form 1A
- A research plan should only be 1 - 2 pages in length
- unless a project has a very detailed procedure
- or needs to explain research details as expressed in items 1-4 in the Research Plan guidelines.
- Research papers will NOT be accepted as a research plan.
- (1 for EACH Student on a team – cannot file jointly!)
- 2 person team = 2 Form 1B's
- 3 person team = 3 Form 1B's
- In section 2 the most common signature required goes in Box a
- Only if completed at a Regulated Research Institution should Box b be signed
- Don't touch section 3 - this area is for Regional and State Fair SRC reviewers ONLY!
A downloadable version of these items is located on the SSTFI's Forms Page (Entry Checklist).
For more information regarding the SSTFI please visit our website at www.sciencefairofiowa.org